Thursday, July 19, 2007

Yes, I Can

I've been AWOL...stumbling this past month through injury, insult and that thing called life. But not anymore. Today I looked up at my fridge and re-discovered my personal motto that I had posted there more than two years ago:

All my life I am told the things I cannot do.
All my life they say I'm not good enough.
Or strong enough.
Or talented enough.

They say I'm the wrong height
Or the wrong weight
Or the wrong type
To play this
Or be this
Or achieve this.

They tell me NO,
A thousand times NO,
Until all the NO's become meaningless.
All my life they will tell me NO,
Quite firmly and very quickly.

But I will tell them YES!

And yes... I really can. So I'm on my way now to go be a trail runner and wanna-be mountain biker in Sierra City!

Live. Love. Smile. Play.

Namaste.

Alikona

(Pic below: Me running the Skyline 50K last August...almost exactly 2 years after a doctor told me I would never be able to run more than a few miles...yeah right! ;)



1 comment:

adam said...

Yes, you definitely can!!

It is great that you are back from injury and insult?!? But I thought you were just going climbing in NH and camping/hiking in the valley? I hope that you had fun on those trips. I will have to write and find out more when I have time.

I am trying to come back from injury. Or at least not think about it and just plow on ahead:)