Friday, July 20, 2007

Dirt Diva + Kona Grrrrl = T-R-O-U-B-L-E

Yesterday I played a little hookie (shhhh!) and drove up to Sierra City to meet Dirt Diva at mile 1,200+ of her journey along the Pacific Crest Trail. It had been over 2 months since we've seen each other and that was like 69 days too long! ;)

Setting: 3 minutes after I find her at the General Store among a dozen other PCTers and locals

DD: OMG! Love that skirt.
KG: Thx. I know...I loooove it too! Look...
(pull up skirt to show off cute, short spandex with a white flower on the corner seam)
DD: No way! Look at mine.
(DD: pulls up her skirt to show off cute hot pink spandex)
DD: And I love it too because it doesn't ride up the A**)
Hiker Dude #1: I'm in heaven!
Local Boy: No shit...are they always this much fun!?!


Setting: just hopped in my car to drive to Truckee (so DD can fuel up on re-supplies)

DD: do you know how to get there?
KG: Nope. Thought we'd wing it...there's signs right?
DD: I guess. Just like being back on the PCT
KG: Do you know how far?
DD: Uh...
KG: Hope we have enough gas or else we'll be back on PCT hiking to Truckee!



Setting: local Truckee thrift shop in coed dressing rooms
DD: How those low rise pants fit, Kona?

KG: Fit great but I think I'm over the whole low-rise, show my A** and butt crack off to the world thing.

DD: yeah, but it's a cute butt

KG: Plus I don't always like to wear panties anymore...

(cough, cough -- old man outside room turns beet red)
Setting: Five minutes later upon exiting dressing room and passing old man

KG: Have a wonderful day!
Old man: Oh, indeed I will.


Two tough girls. One gorgeous Tahoe day. Countless fun, priceless times and a wallet full of happy memories.

Rock on, Dirt Diva! See you up in Canada. ;)

Alikona

No comments: