Sunday, March 25, 2007

My Bleeding Heart...And So It Goes

(From Friday night, 3.23.07)

It's that time of the year when I lose myself in my yard -- planting flowers, tending to them, soaking in the sun's rays and enjoying being a homeowner...yard responsibilities and all!

After a brief stroll through the local nursery, I discovered a new plant that captured my spirit, lifted my soul and brightened my world. It's called a "bleeding heart" and this dwarf-sized tree has white and pink heart-shaped blossoms that dangle from strong branches filled with green wispy willow-like leaves. It's positively magnificent.

I am a bleeding heart. I used to deny it. Indeed, I would fight it through and through. But recently, after some sad events and then finding this tree, I have come to understand that I can only embrace the reality that this is what I am. I am not weaker for it. In fact, it only makes me stronger. I feel and I feel without regret. I am a bleeding heart...and so it goes...

And so tonight, with a single tear in my eye and a true smile in my pocket, I planted my bleeding heart. I will water it, tend to it and watch it grow and grow and grow. Life is beautiful.

~ Kona


And So It Goes
~ ~ ~

In every heart there is a room,
A sanctuary safe and strong,
To heal the wounds from lovers past,
Until a new one comes along.

I spoke to you in cautious tones,
You answered me with no pretense.
And still I feel I said too much,
My silence is my self-defense.

But if my silence made you leave
Then that would be my worst mistake.
So I will share this room with you
And you can have this heart to break.

So I would choose to be with you
That's if the choice were mine to make
But you can make decisions too
And you can have this heart to break.

And so it goes...and so it goes...

1 comment:

Catra said...

Beautiful :)
You are an amazing writer.
Love ya,
Catra