Monday, May 21, 2007

Gandhi was a smart man.

Be the change you wish to see in the world.
- M. Gandhi

What changes do you wish to see in the world? What changes do you wish to see in your world? Have you thought about making any changes lately? What's stopping you? Are your changes a positive or negative reflection of the world?Are they self-fulfilling or self-gratifying? Or will your changes be the changes you wish to see in this world - your world?

Sometimes, even small changes we make for ourselves can have deep impacts on those around us.

I know what changes I'd like to see in this world. Getting kids to eat better and be more active may be two of them, but they are not tops on my list. I could share my laundry list of changes, but one needn't look farther than who I am, what I am, and what I do to see the changes I wish for in this world.

TODAY'S CHALLENGE:
Make one change today. Be that change. And at the end of the day, take stock of how that change affected you, those around you and the world.
HINT: Even SMALL changes can have BIG impacts! For example, smiling at a stranger can make their day. And eating a healthy meal in place of an unhealthy one can make you feel better and help improve your health. :)



Me looking up at the MOUNTAIN of changes I wish to see in my world and gauging the best plan of attack. :)



(Nah, seriously...planning my attack up this massive RED ROCK WALL in Moab, Utah. It was my first attempt at rock climbing. It took 3 tries but I made it to the top!!!)

Go out and get 'em tigers!

Alikona

1 comment:

adam said...

This is a great quote and awesome idea.

I hope that my biking to work today helps someone else change their mind about driving everywhere all the time. It seems more likely that they will just grow to hate cyclists more, after being held up by my bike! Oh well, I can only try!

I will work on another change, since I have been biking to work for sometime now! I'd love to see more people become INVOLVED, instead of just being passive tv watchers . . .