Saturday, May 12, 2007

Post from The Big Apple


I found this in an old bookshop today...


Fall in love or fall in hate.

Get inspired or be depressed.

Ace a test or flunk a class.

Make babies or make art.

Speak the truth or lie and cheat.

Dance on tables or sit in the corner.

Life is divine chaos. Embrace it.

Forgive yourself.

Breathe.

And enjoy the ride...

- Solbeam


I will enjoy the rest of my ride here in this BIG city. Although it brings about such intense reflection, both good and bad, I will embrace it all.


May you embrace yours too!

Alikona
(Pic: lunchtime in central park)



3 comments:

adam said...

I am trying to embrace it, but I think it would work better if I was out in the sunshine!:)

My favorite one here is "Breathe". I plan on making extra sure to breathe today!

Have fun in NY, try not to reflect too much. In my opinion, NY is just a little too big (people, sounds, sights) to comprehend all at once. Find your spot and claim it.

Alikona said...

Ah...bummer man! It must be raining a lot up in the NW. I'll tell Mr. Sun he better head your way STAT!

Breathe is one of my favorites too. It really captures what I try so hard to do when I get so crazy busy -- relax and just let it happen.

And I definitely found my spot(s) in NYC. Central Park is one and Washington Square (next to NYU) is another. All the little de-lish bakeries are still another...yum!

Alikona said...

Oh, and "Forgive yourself" -- I LOVE that one. The timing of it could not have been more impeccable for my situation.

I'm working on it still...and maybe someday I'll get there.