Saturday, May 26, 2007

When Nothing is Certain...

When nothing is certain,
Everything is Possible!

(Overlooking Vail backcountry...endless possibilities. Vail 2006/07.)

Looking in my mailbox is something to which I often look forward, but ultimately dread as I receive junk upon bills upon ads upon random letters addressed to old homeowners who haven't lived here in over 5 years! Today was different. A hand-addressed envelope caught my eye and as I tossed the junk properly in its bin, I grabbed my letter-opener to tear open the card. I felt like a little kid at Christmas! It was from my dear and happy Uncle Steve -- and on the cover was a beautiful painted cowgirl with this quote, "When nothing is certain, everything is possible."

There are moments in life when timing is impeccable. And this was certainly one of them.

Unc, as he humorously refers to himself, must know me better than I thought, and I will embrace his timely words of encouragement.

There are always uncertainties in this world. And sometimes there are periods when nothing seems certain - much like my life in its present form. But rather than dwell or wallow in the uncertainty of not knowing, not controlling, or not doing, I will embrace these "uncertain periods" as periods of "unlimited opportunities."

The world is my stage. And ever the torantist, I will find a way to dance.

Thanks, Unc!!

Alikona aka Allysunny


(Above: On top of the world in Vail backcountry, 13,000'. New Year's Eve 2006.)



Top: Geez...why is it so much fun to dance on bartops?!?! New Year's Eve 2006. (Chris, my dancing partner, is almost 6'3"!)
Bottom: Many choices...which one to choose?!?!?! The Teacup Bowl was definitely no tea party!)

No comments: